My first original, a Progressive Rock instrumental.
The song title is an anagram for “Manic Depression”, another term for Bipolar disease.
– “Medians” represents the two halves of the disease, where one minute you’re perfectly happy (and possibly compulsive), and the next completely dispirited.
– “Conspire” represents how a Bipolar brain functions: Colluding about which mood it may decide to trigger next, at moments which are impossible to predict.
Its musical ups and downs are intended to mimic that sleigh ride, which can play absolute hell on anyone suffering from this terrible disease. Believe me, I know, because I’m a victim of it myself.
This work is dedicated to Carrie Fisher, who was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder in 1985, and later became an outspoken advocate for mental health awareness. Sadly, she passed away in 2016. God bless, and keep her.
– I. Overture: Looming Delirium (00:00-01:15)
– II. The Desolation of Lucidity (01:15-03:35)
– III. Unrestrained Trepidation (03:35-04:50)
– IV. Return to Utopia (04:50-05:44)
For this tune and more, you can also visit my SoundClick Artist Page.
Special guest: Lead Guitarist extraordinaire,
Elmo J. Karjalainen, recorded at KC Sound, Turku, Finland (April 2017)
Thanks so much Elmo, for your kind consideration, advice and assistance. It’s such a huge honor for me to have had you lend your awesome talent to my humble piece.
Elmo plays Sale custom guitars, hand-crafted by master Luthier Sasa Opacic.
Also used on this track: Fractal Audio Systems Axe-FX II XL amplifier modeling; Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah Pedal
Elmo’s Home Page
Information about Sasa Opacic custom guitars
All other instruments recorded by Craig Guerrieri at Cygnus Studios, Florida, USA (March 2017):
– Seagull Entourage acoustic guitar
– Fender Stratocaster electric guitar
– Gibson Les Paul Studio electric guitar
– Fender Jazz bass guitar
– Korg MS-20 analog synthesizer
– Yamaha MX49 digital synthesizer
– DW Drums with Zildjian, Paiste and Wuhan cymbals
– Additional percussion by Treeworks and Rhythm Tech
Mixed by Christer Karjalainen, KC Sound, Turku, Finland
Mastered by Sasa Opacic, SLY Studio, Turku, Finland (who by the way, makes some ass-kicking Expresso).
Almost forgot, Gongs also by Christer Karjalainen!